Chrisalis Foundation Resources Program
The Chrisalis Foundation Inc. resources program provides funding for essential equipment and resources for an individual person and their family living with disability or special needs in Victoria.
The resources program provides gap funding for essential resources and equipment that are not covered by alternate forms of funding such as SWEP, NDIS and other NFP grants and government funding or rebate schemes.
STEP ONE: CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
To apply for the resources program:
- You must be an Australian citizen and live in Victoria ,Australia.
- Applicants to be between the ages of 0 – 32 years of age
- Be the carer of a person with disability or a person with a disability as defined by the Disability Act 2006, aged 0 – 32 years of age.
- Live in the same house as a person with disability or care for them for a minimum of 20 hrs per week as per Centrelink guidelines.
- Must not be receiving funding from alternative sources of funding such as SWEP.(Statewide Equipment Program) and the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme).
STEP TWO: ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
To prepare for you application you must have
- Requests of funding must be submitted via the online application form on the website and must be complete.
- There is only a limited number of applications granted per funding round.
- The Chrisalis Foundation Inc. do not give cash , we will arrange payment directly to provider of equipment or resources.
- The Chrisalis Foundation Board meets at the conclusion of each funding round to review applications. This process may take 1 or 2 months to decide on successful applicant(s). Every applicant will be advised of outcome in writing by email or as per requested on application.
- Once an application is granted, the decision is final.
- There would be no other further opportunity to apply for another resource if you have been allocated funding, to allow an opportunity to others.
STEP THREE: PREPARE YOUR PAPERWORK
The following documentation will be required to be included in your application:
- At least two quotations for the equipment or resource you are seeking funds for
- All applicants must include recent supporting written information from an appropriate health professional (Doctor, Paedatrician, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist ) who is able to confirm the persons:
- Disability/diagnosis and the functional impact of their disability
- Need for assistive technology/equipment and its suitability for the purposes intended
- Copy of health care card
A few examples of what we will fund:
This funding can assist carers to pay for a variety of options. One episode of respite is accepted per application. Options include:
- Short term, in home support.
- Recreation, e.g. camps, holiday programs, group holidays, day trips.
- Family respite required.
- Any type of therapy (occupational, speech, or physio therapy)
- Medical approved equipment’s.
The following is a list or examples of equipment that may be considered:
- Wheelchairs for community access.
- Specialised car seats and occupant restraints.
- Electrically adjustable beds.
- Portable oxygen concentrators.
- Alternative positioning items. e.g. specialised seating or standing frames.
- Environmental controls and other emerging technologies.
- Assistive communication technology.
- Laptop, or Ipad for education purposes.
An Example of what will not fund:
- Food and beverage.
- Services to enable a primary carer to work.
- Equipment and services that can be sourced through governmental agencies and allied health services under block funding already established, or is available through pensioner or rebate schemes.
- Modifications to vehicle or home.
- Installation of spa’s or swimming pools.
- Vehicles or vehicle modifications.
- Salaries or administration expenses, repairs to equipment.
Please ensure that you understand the application process and should you have any queries contact us at the Chrisalis Foundation: email@example.com.
Confidentiality & Privacy